Alabama senior linebacker Christian Miller has been named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week.
He had a career-best 2.5 sacks, for a loss of 11 yards, and a career-high five tackles with three solo stops.
The Alabama defense limited the league’s No. 1 scoring offense to only seven points, 54.5 points below the Rebels’ season average, and 300 yards below what the Rebels normally get.
He also led the list of players of the week as selected by the coaching staff: Damien Harris, Jerry Jeudy and Jonah Williams on offense; Christian Miller, Deionte Thompson and Quinnen Williams on defense; and Joseph Bulovas and Josh Jacobs on special teams
• Harris collected 85 yards of total offense, contributing on both the ground and through the air. The senior averaged 12.4 yards per carry, rushing five times for 62 yards with a touchdown, to go with a team-high four catches for 23 yards.
• Jeudy a career-high mark 136 yards on three catches and two touchdowns. He leads the SEC with six receiving touchdowns.
• Williams graded out at a team-high 94 percent. The junior did not miss an assignment, allow a sack or commit a penalty on 58 snaps and recorded two knockdown blocks.
• Thompson earned his third consecutive defensive player of the week honors from the Tide coaches. He had four tackles while adding his second interception of the season, returning the pick 40 yards to set up an eventual touchdown.
• Quinnen Williams joined Thompson for a third consecutive week on the coaches list, leading the Tide in tackles with six, including half a tackle for loss.
• Bulovas made field goals from 20 and 44 yards out while adding eight made PATs to total 14 points on the evening. He also contributed a season-high 11 kickoffs totaling 676 yards for an average of 61.5 yards per boot, forcing seven touchbacks.
• Jacobs returned two kickoffs back for 101 total yards with a long return of 74. He graded out at 100 percent on his kickoff and kickoff return snaps for the special teams unit while adding 18 yards rushing and a touchdown on offense.
This story will be updated