Today is …
National Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Women’s golf: SEC Championships at Birmingham, all day
• Men’s tennis: SEC Tournament at Florida, Alabama vs. Ole Miss, 2 p.m., CT
• Women’s tennis: SEC Tournament at Texas A&M, Alabama vs. LSU, 2 p.m.
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
• Women’s golf: SEC Championships at Birmingham, all day, Live Results
• Women’s tennis: SEC Tournament at Texas A&M, Alabama vs. LSU, 2 p.m., [Live Stats](Live Stats)
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
The No. 36-ranked Alabama women’s golf team finished the first round at the 2019 SEC Women's Golf Championships at Greystone Golf and Country Club in 13thplace. The Crimson Tide shot 13-over par 301 and is five strokes back of the cut line for match play, which begins Saturday with only the top eight teams advancing.
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener:
Did you notice?
• Justin Thomas announced the launch of his foundation, to benefit Louisville-area charities.
• This should surprise no one:
• Any day now the Washington Redskins are going to announce they’re moving training camp to Tuscaloosa.
• In comparison, Minkah Fitzpatrick may be feeling a little left out:
• So there’s this from Josh Jacobs …
… and also this:
• Greg Byrne was at the Spring Symposium for the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics, which was held at the Naval Academy from Monday-Wednesday. A seminar featuring a discussion between he and ormer Michigan StateAD Mark Hollis ended with a standing ovation.
• Grambling State announced that "A Town Hall with Coach Nick Saban," in conjunction with the celebration of Eddie Robinson’s 100thbirthday, has been scheduled for May 7 at the Eddie G. Robinson Museum.It will include a Q&A session. A limited number of tickets are available at:
• The Alabama track and field men are No. 6 and the women are No. 9 in this week’s NCAA Division I Track & Field National Rating Index. The team is sending competitors to three different meets around the nation. The distance runners are heading to California for the Bryan Clay Invitational in Azusa, the throwers are going to the Kansas Relays in Lawrence, and the sprinters, jumpers and some throwers will participate in the War Eagle Invitational at Auburn.
• The Alliance of American Football filed for bankruptcy:
• Alabama women's basketball signed junior-college transfer Brittany Davis, a 5-9 guard from Manchester, Ga. As a freshman last year she helped lead Gulf Coast State College to the NJCAA national championship
• Swimming landed a commitment from Texas:
• Finally, we’ll leave you with this …
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
April 18, 1997: Ronnie Harrison was born in Tallahassee. He turns 22 today.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"I had a ball, finally getting a chance to show them what I've got."– Ronnie Harrison after Alabama defeated his hometown team Florida State, which didn’t offer him a scholarship, 24-7 in 2017