Today is …
National Earth Day.
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
No games scheduled
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
No games scheduled
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
• Baseball: Vanderbilt 2, Alabama 0
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener:
Did you notice?
• Let the draft hype shift into overdrive: CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco reported that the Cardinals are no longer expected to select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the first selection in the 2019 NFL Draft.
• TMZ, which apparently always has people staking out the airports in Los Angeles, briefly caught up with Steve Sarkisian and asked him about coaching at Alabama. “I’m excited man,” Sarkisian said. “It’s a great opportunity.”
• ESPN is still using Nick Saban in trying to promote its Tony Mandarich story:
• Rivals.com reports that 5-star basketball prospect Trendon Watford is nearing a decision between Alabama, Indiana, LSU and Memphis,.
• Amari Cooper commented on contract talks with the Dallas Cowboys, or rather the lack thereof:
• Former Alabama golfer Bobby Shelton lost on the fourth playoff hole to finish second at the Web.ComTour’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Championship
• The team club of the year at Alabama went to … women’s rugby.
• Belated happy birthday to ..
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
April 22, 1961: Pat James' Red Team defeated Charlie Bradshaw's White Team 17-7 in the annual spring game at Denny Stadium. Quarterback Pat Trammell, who picked the winning squad, was the star of the game, rushing for 92 yards and hitting 5-of-10 passes for 86 more. His 33-yard completion to halfback Bill Oliver set up one of the Red scores. "Well, we have had our fun and now it is time to get down to business," Paul W. “Bear” Bryant said after the game. "The rest of practice is closed to everyone and maybe we can find some football players before we have to play a real game."— Bryant Museum
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"Winning isn't imperative, but getting tougher in the fourth quarter is." – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant