Today is …
National Missing Children’s Day
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Softball, Tuscaloosa Super Regional: Texas at Alabama, 1 p.m.
• Track and field: NCAA East Preliminary at North Florida, 2:30 p.m. CT
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
Crimson Tide results
• Senior Mazen Osama and sophomore Patrick Kaukovalta defeated No. 32 Giovanni Oradini and Niclaus Braun of Mississippi State, 6-2, 7-5, in the semifinal round of the NCAA Doubles Championships at the USTA National Campus in Orlando, Fla.The No. 11 seeds will face No. 2 Maxim Cressy and Keegan Smith of UCLA on Saturday at 4 p.m. CT for the NCAA doubles national title. It’s the first time any Crimson Tide men’s tennis players will play for a national championship.
• The outdoor track and field team qualified five more to the NCAA Championships on Day 2 of East Preliminary at Jacksonville, Fla: Junior Robert Dunning (400-meter hurdles), senior Kord Ferguson (discus), junior Natassha McDonald (400 meters) and Katie Funcheon (400 meters) and sophomore Tamara Clark (100 meters). The Crimson Tide will close out the meet on Saturday.
• Softball: Alabama vs. Texas, (n)
2019 NCAA Tuscaloosa Softball Super Regional
Revamped schedule after ESPN made numerous changes
Game 1: Alabama 3, Texas 0
Game 2: Texas 7, Alabama 5
Game 3: Texas at Alabama, 1 p.m., ESPN
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener
Did you notice?
• Alabama gymnast Shallon Olsen took first in the vault on day one of the Canadian National Championships at The Fieldhouse on the Carleton University campus in Ottawa, Ontario.Olsen scored a 14.500 to tie for first place heading into Sunday’s final. She was also fourth in the balance beam with a 13.233 and seventh in the floor exercise with a 13.066.
• John Clark was added to the Alabama women's basketball staff as the Director of Video and Creative Content. Clark spent the last three years as an assistant coach for the University of the Incarnate Word, and previously was the graduate assistant for the Arkansas women’s basketball program from 2014-16.
• Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News wrote about Alabama scheduling three games against USF.
• Ross Dellenger of Si.com wonders” How Will the SEC Follow Up Its Year Without Coaching Changes?”
• Brewers pitcherJimmy Nelson was activated from the 10-day injured list and optioned to Triple-A San Antonio, where he'll continue to start every sixth day for the Missions. Per the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, part of the reason why he’s staying in the minors for now is Milwaukee’s rotation has a 2.46 ERA over the last 18 games.
• Another Joe Namath interview to promote his new book:
• We’ll leave you with this:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
May 25, 1990: Barrett Jones was born in Collierville, Tenn.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“I had this dream my whole life of raising up that crystal trophy. You guys know the crystal trophy? It’s old now. They give out a waffle cone-looking type thing now. But, I was a big fan of the trophy. I thought it was the greatest trophy in sports.” – Barrett Jones