Today is …
National Home Warranty Day
National Umbrella Day
National Cream Cheese Brownie Day
I’ve got nothing …
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Swimming: Alabama at Auburn Invitational, all day
• Women’s tennis: Kennesaw State at Alabama, 10 a.m. CT, Lipscomb at Alabama, 4 p.m.
• Softball: Alabama vs. Tory at Trojan Classic, 12:30 p.m.
• Men’s tennis: Alabama at Pepperdine, 5 p.m.
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
• Men’s tennis: Alabama at Pepperdine, 5 p.m., Live Video
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
• Indoor track and field: Shelby McEwen won the high jump to close out the Tyson Invitational, his fourth win of the season. The Crimson Tide was also at the Music City Challenge in Nashville, Tenn., where led by senior Haley Teel had a season-best throw of 55-3.75 (16.86m) to lead a sweep of the top three spots in the women’s shot put.
• Alabama swimming won five events on day two of the Auburn Invitational. It went 1-2 in three events: freshman Greta Szilvasi (4:18.18) and sophomore Mallory Underwood in the women's 400 individual medley, freshman Jonathan Berneburg (47.56) and freshman Colton Stogner in the men’s 100 butterfly, and sophomores Richard Miksi (53.78) and Josh Lenzmeier in the men’s 100 breaststroke.
• Alabama softball remained undefeated at the Trojan Classic, with a 10-0 victory over Maryland and with nine runs in the sixth inning out-slugging Murray State 16-10. Sophomore Maddie Morgan went 3-for-3 with a pair of doubles and five RBIs in the opener, while junior transfer pitcher Sarah Cornell (1-0) allowed just two hits over five innings. Junior Bailey Hemphill went 4-for-5 in the nightcap, including a pair of doubles and a home run, and accounted for seven of the team’s 16 RBIs.
• Men’s basketball: Alabama 77, Vanderbilt 67
Did you notice ...
The Birmingham Iron in the new AAF will play its first game, hosting Memphis at Legion Field at 3 p.m. (CBS Sports Network).
Former Crimson Tide players on the Iron roster:
Jersey, Name, Position
• 6 Blake Sims, QB
• 29 Bradley Sylve, DB
• 33 Trent Richardson, RB
• 48 Cole Mazza, LS
• 51 Xzavier Dickson, LB
• 60 Brandon Greene, T
• 70 J.C. Hassenauer, C
• 71 Josh Frazier, DT
• 77 Dominick Jackson, T
• 78 Korren Kirven, T
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
February 10, 1931: John "Monk" Campbell, MVP of the Rose Bowl, was hired as backfield coach at Kentucky. The native of Durant, Miss., was known as "Monk the Spinner" on the Tuscaloosa campus. Campbell was not the only former Crimson Tide player making coaching news. Frank Howard was joining Jess Neely at Clemson, and Fred Sington, had been offered a job to join Wallace Wade at Duke. The All-American also had to weigh pro football and pro baseball offers. — Bryant Museum
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"I don't know if that's a great team, but they most certainly were great against us. I don't guess anybody has ever hit us that hard." — Auburn coach Shug Jordan in 1961.