Today is …
National Make a Friend Day
National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
National White Shirt Day
National Shut-In Visitation Day
National Peppermint Patty Day
National Inventors’ Day
National Clean Out Your Computer Day
In other words, Monday …
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Women’s basketball: Kentucky at Alabama, 6 p.m.
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
• The Alabama women’s tennis team swept its fourth doubleheader of the season after defeating Kennesaw State, 4-0 and Lipscomb, 4-0, on Sunday at the Alabama Tennis Stadium. With the two victories, the Crimson Tide moves to 8-0 in 2019.
• After a lengthy rain delay the No. 23-ranked Alabama men’s tennis team swept host Pepperdine, 4-0. The Crimson Tide is off to an 8-1 start this spring,
• Alabama swimming and diving closed out the Auburn Invitational with a pair of wins, including a 1-2-3 sweep of the men’s 100 freestyle and a 1-2 finish in the men’s 200 breaststroke. Freshman Jonathan Berneburg led the way in the 100 freestyle, posting a 43.54 in finals after touching the wall with a 43.09 in prelims. Overall, the Crimson Tide earned 11 wins during the three-day meet.
• Softball: An RBI double from junior Bailey Hemphill sparked a seven-run rally in the fourth inning as Alabama wrapped up the Trojan Classic with an 8-0 victory over Troy in six innings. Hemphill’s RBI was the 100th of her career. Freshman pitcher Montana Fouts (2-0) threw a three-hitter and struck out four.
Did you notice?
•.Trent Richardson had two touchdowns and 56 rushing yards as the Birmingham Iron shut out Memphis in their first AAF game, 26-0. The Iron held the Express to 2 of 10 on third-down conversions, and allowed only 99 passing yards and created three turnovers including an interception by former Crimson Tide linebacker Xzavier Dickson. Announced attendance at Legion Field was 17,039.
• Speaking of Richardson, CBSSports.com did a profile on his role as a parent while chasing another shot at the NFL.
• A day after releasing the subject of his next book, Lars Anderson released the cover:
• The women’s basketball game against Kentucky will be Alabama’s Power of Pink game, raising awareness of the fight against breast cancer.Friday will be the Power of Pink Meet, when Alabama gymnastics hosts Florida.
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
February 11, 1997: Damien Harris was born in Richmond, Ky.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"Honey buns … It hurts to talk about it.” – Damien Harris on what’s the thing he hated giving up the most to get into peak shape with the Crimson Tide.