Today is …
National Weatherperson’s Day
World Nutella Day
Safer Internet Day U.S.
National Shower with a Friend Day
(No, we are not making these up … if you run into a weatherperson today, feel free to give a hug as he or she has had a rough winter too)
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Women’s golf: Alabama at Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge at Palos Verdes Estates, Calif., all day
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
• Women’s golf: Alabama at Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge at Palos Verdes Estates, Calif., all day, live scoring
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
• Although the No. 5 Alabama women’s golf team improved six shots from the opening round, it slid two spots to 14th place in the 16-team Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes, Calif. Sophomore Angelica Moresco carded the team’s low round on the par-71, 6,017-yard course to climb into a tie for 17th place overall with a 5-over 147 (72-75) heading into the final round.
Did you notice?
• Alabama softball unveiled its wide assortment of uniforms for the upcoming season:
• The Alabama track and field men are No. 9 and the women are No. 14 in the latest NCAA Division I Track & Field National Rating Index.
• In case you haven't heard of the weird Crimson Tide/Patriots championship pattern of late:
• The Alabama gymnastics team remained at No. 8 in the latest rankings by the College Gymnastics Association, which are based on average team scores. Oklahoma (197.835) is No. 1 ahead of Florida, UCLA, Utah, LSU, Georgia, Denver and Alabama (196.305). The Crimson Tide is ranked in the top 10 on three events: 5. vault (49.165), 7. floor (49.205) and 9. uneven bars (49.15).
• From the Sunseri brothers, who are both on the Crimson Tide football staff:
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
February 5, 1966: Consensus All-American center Paul Crane had his own day in his hometown of Prichard, where the Alabama center-linebacker was honored and presented with a brand new $4,000 automobile. During his Crimson Tide career, Crane started all 33 games and averaged 50 minutes of playing time per contest. – Bryant Museum
Also, Al Worthington, who pitched 14 years in the major leagues, mostly with the Twins and Giants, was born on this day in 1929.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"When I met with Coach Saban at the SEC meetings I wanted to know, 'When you won it in 2009, you guys kind of faltered a little bit. Now that you won it in 2011, tell me exactly what you thought you learned.’ He gave me some great insight in what he saw and how things had changed and what he would guard against. One of the things was he started right away on the next season. He didn't wait." — Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari