Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
Women’s basketball: Auburn at Alabama, 7 p.m., CT
How to watch the Crimson Tide
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
No games scheduled
Did you notice?
• The numbers for the National Championship Game were down. The overnight rating of 14.6 was the lowest since Alabama-LSU attracted 13.8 in 2012. Average resale ticket price of $439 was down 81% from last year's Alabama-Georgia title game in Atlanta.
• Alabama announced that 11 gymnasts earned a fall grade point average of 3.5-or-better, including three with a perfect 4.0 (senior Abby Armbrecht, junior Maddie Desch and freshman Shallon Olsen. Moreover, 64 swimmers and divers earned a 3.0-or-better GPA in the fall, with 45 posting a 3.5-or-better and 25 earning a 4.0.
• New volleyball coach Lindsey Devine completed her coaching staff, adding assistant coaches Ladislav Lelkes and Megan Ailshie and director of operations Emily Orrick.Lelkes spent the past two seasons as an assistant coach for Devine at East Tennessee State. Ailshie, formerly Megan Devine, played for her mother at ETSU from 2010-13 before joining the staff as a volunteer assistant in 2015.
• The Alabama men's tennis team will go into the dual match season ranked No. 22 according to the Oracle ITA Collegiate Tennis Men's Division I National Team Rankings. It’s the highest ranking entering the spring since 2010.
• The softball team held its first practice of the 2019 season.
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
January 10, 1987: Athletic Director Steve Sloan announces that the tower used by Paul W. “Bear” Bryant would be reinstalled on the practice field, citing the monument "as a symbol of Alabama football."
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“The alumni are starting to grumble, and I’m the one starting it.” – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant