The University of Alabama is closed Tuesday due to the threat of an impending snow storm and winter weather warning from the National Weather Service.
Please be safe, and beware of snowballs on campus.
Today is National Puzzle Day, National Corn Chip Day and Plan for Vacation Day.
Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
Men’s basketball: Mississippi State at Alabama, 7:30 p.m., CT
How to watch, keep up with the Crimson Tide
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
• No games scheduled
Did you notice?
• The Paul W. Bryant Museum will be temporarily closed for renovations beginning Friday1. In addition to updates, a new interactive video wall will allow visitors to access museum databases for all of Coach Bryant’s teams.
• USA Today says former Alabama safety Mark Barron could play a huge role in the Super Bowl.
• Former Alabama pitcher Jimmy Nelson and his wife have been going through a traumatic week. He made the following post on Instagram:
Nelson later added: "procedure went well and now she’s under close observation for the next 48 hrs which will be crucial. We appreciate all the support from everyone. It is nothing short of amazing the support y’all have shown (even the @cubs fans😂) Much respect to all of y’all. The baseball family is a special thing that we are fortunate to be a part of."
• ESPN claimed that kicker Will Reichard may be Alabama’s most important recruit in the Class of 2019.
• CBSSports.com posted a mock first round of the NFL Draft with Quinnen Williams the first-overall pick.
• During its opening night celebration of the Super Bowl, Rams cornerback Aqib Talib was asked to name the NFL's toughest wide receivers. He mentioned Julio Jones a lot.
• Left-handed pitcher Thomas Burrows landed a non-roster invitation to spring training with the Atlanta Braves.
• Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News wrote more about former University of Alabama assistant football coach Jack Rutledge**.** Funeral will be Tuesday at First Baptist Church of Tuscaloosa at noon with a private family burial to follow.
• Even though Alabama gymnastics lost to LSU last week, it moved up a slot in the national rankings by the College Gymnastics Association to No. 8.
• The Alabama track and field men are No. 10 and the women are No. 14 in the latest national rankings by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association. Meanwhile, seniors Vincent Kiprop and Gilbert Kigen ran the 3,000-meter race at the Boston University John Thomas Terrier Classic this weekend, posting times that rank them both in the top-25 nationally this season.
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
January 29, 1963: The first charter members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame were named in Canton, Ohio (they were enshrined when the Hall opened in September 1963). Among them was former Alabama player Don Hutson. He led the NFL in receiving in eight of his 11 seasons and in scoring five straight years. Hutson was also named the league’s MVP twice, in 1941 and 1942.
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
"It is still an individual thing, a question of running the pass pattern correctly. Pass patterns have probably changed less than anything else in football.” – Don Hutson