Today’s Crimson Tide schedule
• Men’s tennis: ITA Regional Championships, at Tuscaloosa, all day
How to watch the Crimson Tide
• Men’s tennis: ITA Regional Championships, at Tuscaloosa, all day, Live Video
• Football: Alabama at LSU, Nov. 3, TBA, Live Audio
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide results
• Men’s tennis: Sophomore Patrick Kaukovalta defeated Karlo Kranic (Ole Miss), 4-6, 6-4, 6-4, and Rafael Wagner (LSU), 6-7(3), 6-3, 7-6(4), to reach the semifinals of the ITA Southern Regional Championships.
• Women’s tennis: Senior Andie Daniell topped Amanda Rogers, 6-4, 6-2 to advance to the second round of qualifying for the Georgia ITF $80k.
• Women’s golf: Placed sixth at the Betsy Rawls Longhorn Invitational, at Austin, Texas. Junior Kenzie Wright tied for fourth in the individual standings.
• Men’s golf: Finished fifth at the U.S. Collegiate Championships, at Alpharetta, Ga. Sophomores Wilson Furr (75-69-68) and Davis Shore (70-71-71), and senior Davis Riley (74-66-72), each carded a 54-hole total of 4-under par 212 to tied for eighth individually.
• Soccer: Kaley Verpaele scored for Alabama, which earned a double-overtime draw at Georgia, 1-1. With the tie, the Crimson Tide still has a chance to qualify for the SEC Tournament.
• Volleyball: Alabama won at Arkansas, 25-22, 18-25, 26-24, 25-19.The Crimson Tide had a season-high 15 blocks, senior Quincey Gary digs a season-high 30.
• Women’s basketball: Five different players scoring in double figures as Alabama defeated Faulkner 100-44 in its first exhibition. Junior Cierra Johnson had 15 points, six assists and six rebounds, while freshman Allie Craig Cruce also scored 15.
Did you notice?
• The gymnastics team held its annual Halloween-themed intrasquad scrimmage, with the Ghosts led by Abby Armbrecht pulling out a 57-53 victory over the Goblins at the Frances Smith Practice Facility.
• Alabama baseball played an exhibition at Tennessee, which is not on the Crimson Tide’s schedule this season. They play 11 traditional innings followed by seven innings of situational baseball. Sophomore Sam Praytor had a pair of home runs, five RBIs and two runs scored. Senior Joe Breaux had four hits, including a double, two runs and a stolen base.
On this date in Crimson Tide history …
October 22, 1988: In describing the action to a CBS audience, commentator Brent Musburger calls Derrick Thomas' performance the best defensive effort he had ever seen. In Alabama's 8-3 win over Penn State, Thomas registered three quarterback sacks, including one for a safety, batted down one pass, and was credited with eight quarterback hurries. – Bryant Museum
Crimson Tide quote of the day:
“Never give up. Reach down inside and you’ll find something left.” – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant
How to watch this week’s college football games
Includes games with ranked teams, SEC teams, local teams or prominent broadcasts:
Tuesday, October 23 (all times CT)
Troy at South Alabama, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Thursday, October 25
Baylor at No. 13 West Virginia 6 p.m., FS1
Toledo at Western Michigan, 6 p.m., EPSN2
No. 25 Appalachian State at Georgia Southern, 6:30 p.m., ESPNU
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, 6:30 p.m., ESPN
Friday, October 26
Louisiana Tech at Florida Atlantic, 5:30 p.m., CBSSN
Miami at Boston College, 6 p.m., ESPN
Indiana at Minnesota, 7 p.m., FS1
Wyoming at Colorado State, 9 p.m., CBSSN
No. 23 Utah at UCLA, 9:30 p.m., ESPN
Saturday, October 27
No. 2 Clemson at Florida State, 11 a.m., ABC
No. 20 Wisconsin at Northwestern, 11 a.m., Fox
Vanderbilt at Arkansas, 11 a.m., SEC Network
No. 9 Florida at No. 7 Georgia, CBS
Kansas State at No. 8 Oklahoma, 2:30 p.m., Fox
No. 18 Iowa at No. 17 Penn State, 2:30 p.m., ESPN
No. 21 South Florida at Houston, 2:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2
Arizona State at USC, 2:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2
No. 12 Kentucky at Missouri, 3 p.m., SEC Network
No. 15 Washington at California, 5:30 p.m., FS1
No. 14 Washington State at No. 24 Stanford, 6 p.m., Pac-12 Network
No. 16 Texas A&M at Mississippi State, 6 p.m., ESPN
No. 22 North Carolina State at Syracuse, 6 p.m., ESPN2
UAB at UTEP, 6:30 p.m., ESPN+
Tennessee at South Carolina, 6:30 p.m., SEC Network
No. 3 Notre Dame vs. Navy, 7 p.m., CBS
No. 6 Texas at Oklahoma State, 7 p.m., ABC
No. 19 Oregon at Arizona, 9:30 p.m., ESPN