Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Tonight on the evening news, tune in to hear from MSU head football coach John â€œLansingâ€ Smith and some of the players as spring football begins.Â This is such a crucial year for MSU football and Coach Lansing and the most MSU football coverage is found right here on the site and on ABC 53!
- Friday on Hondoâ€™s House my special guest is my good friend Bill Emkow from Mlive.com. We are going to talk about the new CBA, the Lions and all the NFL off season moves.Â That is Friday at 7:30!
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- All next week you will hear from Tom Izzo on the evening news as he breaks down what went wrong this season.
- The Detroit Lions are very interested in veteran guard Larry Allen from the Cowboys.Â He was cut yesterday ONLY for salary cap reasons.Â The perennial pro bowler has plenty of gas left in the tank and he would be an immediate and very quality up grade on the Lions offensive line.Â With the move of Woody back to the left guard spot, he clearly would fit right in.Â I am not saying that the Lions will get him, but they want him.Â The issue is whether he wants them.
- I am not a fan of spoiled ball players.Â That said, I have to agree with the Nationals Alfonso Soriano and here is why.Â Before he agreed to the trade to the Nationals, he told them he would only say yes (he had a no trade deal with the Rangers) if they understood he would only play 2b.Â Let me say, for that much money he should shut up and play, but they made the deal and I have no sympathy for them.
- Wings lost to Nashville last night, but still have 100 pts. and they lead the NHL.
- Tigerâ€™s won one and lost one yesterday in split squad spring training games.Â They stand at 14-9 now, but have showed incredible power with the long ball this spring.
- The Seattle Seahawks have agreed on the parameters of a new contract with San Francisco 49ers free agent linebacker Julian Peterson.Â The Spartan Nation is so proud of Julian and all of his success.
- The Lions began off-season conditioning yesterday.Â I will have full details on all the Lions off-season practices, both here and on the TV shows.
- It is only 6 months and 16 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!